Current Positions Available
MECHANICs & TECHNICIAN
At Bowling World, our Mechanics/Technicians are responsible for smoothly “Keeping the Good Times Rolling!”
Job Description of a Bowling World Mechanic/Technician
- The mechanically inclined Mechanics/Technicians are knowledgeable/skilled in practical application of and accountable for the inspection, maintenance and upkeep of the automatic freefall pinsetters, ball-returns, lanes and other mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and hydraulics associated with our bowling system to insure they are performing properly and safely.
- The Mechanics/Technicians must also understand the importance of how all of the “back of the house” interfaces with our QuibicaAMF BESX Scoring System.
- Must be able to complete preventive maintenance programs on all bowling equipment, following daily / nightly work schedule as directed including the cleaning of pinsetters, pins and other bowling equipment and maintaining the rotation of pins.
- Must maintain the lanes, the approaches and the lane conditioning equipment to ensure clean and consistent lane conditions according to USBC specifications.
- Maintain an accurate and timely record of malfunctions on all bowling equipment.
- The Mechanics/Technicians are responsible for identifying with confidence what “components, parts, equipment, supplies, tools, materials, etc.” are needed and the ability to place orders for such with the Management while staying on budget.
- Maintain accurate and timely record of malfunctions on all bowling equipment.
- The Mechanics/Technicians are responsible for maintaining accurate inventory records and organizing the inventory of “components, parts and equipment”. This includes the logging of all parts, component and supplies used with related details.
- Basic working knowledge of hand tools; ability to use and handle tools to perform all work.
- Must be capable of or able to quickly learn how to disassembling, replacing & repairing mechanical and electrical components and parts while following the strictest safety guidelines!
- Ability to properly handle heavy equipment with assistance and wear protective wear when necessary.
- Become knowledgeable of safety rules and OSHA regulations.
- Must keep the Mechanics/Technicians workshop area organized, tidy, clean, sanitized and safe. Must follow cleanliness and security standards of LBJ & T, Inc. dba Bowling World.
- Be a good trouble shooter and have strong problem solving skills!
- Maintaining scheduled maintenance is a must!
- Must be able to do multi-tasking as the work environment requires some quick responses to calls during our high volume business hours.
- Team work is a must! Mechanics/Technicians must be able to communicate with and develop solid working relationships with others in the Mechanics/Technicians department, with the Management Team and all other Co-workers.
- At Bowling World we expect our employees to work daily toward creating an environment of Team Work with Great comradery and NO DRAMA! This includes employees realizing they must bring their positive attitudes to work, GREAT work ethics, team work attitudes, great team support of co-workers during difficult times, flexibility in schedules to assist in the coverage of hours during vacation seasons, during times when individuals take personal time off or when individuals are sick or other times when necessary.
- Ability to learn and utilize multiple systems that support the business. The Mechanics/Technicians are expected to take continued education classes pertaining to their position and the bowling industry.
- Must be welcoming and engaging with all guest and other employees. This positon does require you to be a great ambassador when periodically interact with customers.
- Upon arrival to work the Mechanics/Technicians must be tidy, clean, well-groomed and neat. No exceptions!
- Full time Mechanics/Technicians must be able to work days, nights and weekends. Part-time Mechanics/Technicians must be able to work a varied schedule also.
As a Team Members we expected employees to give their best when on the job. We will do our part in making sure we give you what you need to successfully perform, stay motivated, educated, trained, and valued. WE want you to enjoy coming to work with our Team!
Just to name a few Perks.
- A Fun work culture.
- A Discounted food & non-alcoholic beverage program!
- Internal Promotions are important to us. WE are looking for the best!
- Discounts on Bowling.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Mechanical Training or proof of on the job experience
- 1- 5 year maintenance experience
- Proven knowledge of mechanical equipment
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must be able to pass random drug & alcohol testing, a polygraph test and be bonded.
To apply, please submit your completed application which can be downloaded from our website at Bowlingtn.com/careers/ with a current resume, if available. Please call, 931-528-5551 to schedule a time to submit your application to one our Management Team Members at Bowling World, 545 Neal Street, Cookeville, TN 38501.
Bowling World Customer Attendants (Apply Now)
At LBJ & T, Inc. dba Bowling World, our Bowling World Customer Attendants are the stage setters for the customer’s experience! With a welcoming attitude to all who come through the doors, the Attendants serve as the customers “First Point of Impression” and information source for bowling specials and Gutter’s Grille food specials. They can knowledgeably communicate to the customer all the fun ways to bowl using our QubicaAMF BES-X Scoring System. Bowling World Customer Attendants are enthusiastic, happy, highly energetic and well-informed about all the bowling experiences awaiting the customer. The Attendants can guide, with ease, the customer thru the bowling setup and selections to ensure an exceptionally FUN and entertaining time. The Attendants must be dedicated to successfully performing their job by delivering the highest quality customer service and by creating and ensuring a safe and clean environment.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING DAILY?
- Upholding our cleanliness and safety standards which is extremely important to us! Every employee is responsible for such.
- Welcoming all Guest & Engaging with sincerity, a smile and happy energy thus setting the stage for FUN!
- Promoting and recommending the bowling experiences, dining in Gutters Grille and informing guest of daily specials and up-coming events.
- Opening lanes for open bowling, league bowling and special events bowling.
- Processing payment transactions correctly. Knowledgeable of the mathematic basics of counting money for the return of correct change.
- Troubleshooting & handling lane malfunction calls by communicating effectively with the back of the house bowling technicians.
- Keep the lanes clean and clear of clutter and trash. Proper cleaning of pad screens, seating, counters and floors and lanes.
- Issuing clean bowling shoes and maintaining the cleaning of shoe and shoe shelf organization
- Escorting Guests to their lane and assisting them with their lane set up and ball selection
- Ensuring Guests adhere to all bowling Safety Policies, House rules & Code of Conduct Rules. Safe play is the only way to roll!
- Maintaining a clean and organized Customer Reception Bowling Desk and/or lanes; completing side duties
- Thank the customer and inviting them to return soon!
- Prior retail sales & customer service experience or food and beverage service.
- 2 to 5 years of experience preferred.
- POS computer system experience
- People loving & Guest focused mindset. Customers are the heart of our business.
- Great Customer Communication Skills!
- Teamwork is a must!
- STRONG WORK ETHICS
- Strong problem solving & multi-tasking skills
- Ability to learn and utilize multiple systems that support the business
- Good communication skills. You must be able to effectively communicate with the Management Team and Your Team Members.
- Availability to work days, nights and weekends
- Must be able to pass drug testing, pass a polygraph test and be bonded.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
LBJ & T, Inc. dba Bowling World and Gutters Grille Team Members are expected to give their best efforts while on the job. We will do our part in making sure we give you what you need to stay motivated, valued!
- Awesome good work environment that is rewarding and FUN!
- 50% off food, beverages,
- Discounted bowling.
- We help you grow by offering internal promotions.
- There is room for growth for individual who excel in this position!
Click to Download Employment Forms
Download, Print and Submit at BW Front Desk.